Monday, October 27, 2008

The Camera - The Computer



The digital camera allows me to have immediate images of my work on a day to day - work in progress basis. Before I would wait till a film roll was finished and have several developed at once - Now I can look at the paintings progress - as I go along - Compare one day to another - study it- obsess about it - be charmed by loose casual touches- I worry - am I am ruining an honest effort ? Was it better before ?? Is it just a different painting not better or worse ? The inspiration that led me to the subject matter becomes - subjective - assuming that the more I work the closer it is to my *model* I think - should I start a new one and take it as far as possible -leave the first effort? - Before I would not be able to compare images till I was way farther along. I love the start !

No comments: